I’m a lover of all things involving the National Football League. My basic core principles about football are simple:
- The ’89 49ers are the greatest team of all-time.
- Joe Montana is the greatest quarterback of all-time.
- Jim Brown is the greatest player of all-time
- The 1991 Philadelphia Eagles are the best single season defense ever.
- Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all-time.
- Tom Brady is the second greatest quarterback of all-time.
Other life philosophies…
- Go with what you know.
- Practice the 10,000 hour rule…with something (knitting, video games, writing, driving, etc.)
- Miami Vice never gets enough credit. People copied the show’s formula repeatedly (see Stallone, Sylvester).
- You’re entitled to nothing. Go out and work for it.
- Ryan Howard is better than Chase Utley. People still argue this and it’s somewhat annoying.
As long as one understands that these guidelines are the foundation for my love of the NFL and life, we’ll get along just fine. In my spare time, I work at a college radio station and also do some freelance writing on the side. As someone once said, “life is a cabaret.” However, this is only true when the NFL is involved.
For questions or content inquiries, contact Derek Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.