Michael Vick suffered a concussion during Sunday night’s 35-31 loss to the Atlanta Falcons, which ushered in the beginning of the Mike Kafka Experience.
Kafka, who failed to lead Philly on a go-ahead drive last night thanks to a drop from the otherwise dependable Jeremy Maclin, may be under center at quarterback when the Eagles host the New York Giants.
Many in the Birds’ camp, including Eagles radio sideline reporter Howard Eskin, believe Kafka is quite capable of leading the team if need be.
But who exactly is Mike Kafka?
Here are ten items about Philadelphia’s backup quarterback carefully selected from the 2011 Eagles media guide:
1. Kafka was a right fielder for the St. Rita of Cascia High School baseball team. He once said of his baseball abilities: “If I wasn’t playing in the NFL, I would probably be trying to play professional baseball.”
2. His favorite musical artists are John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and Jason Mraz.
3. He attempted an Outback Bowl record 78 passes against Auburn in 2010.
4. Albert Einstein is the person he’d most like to have lunch with.
5. The Chicago native attended Northwestern and graduated with a Communications degree.
6. His favorite movie is The Hangover (how cliché of him).
7. His bucket list includes skydiving and going into a shark tank.
8. Jason Kafka, Mike’s brother, is a receiver at San Jose State.
9. Kafka led the Big 10 in passing yards with 3,430.
10. He was selected in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Eagles.
No offense to Mr. Kafka but here is hoping for Eagles fans that his name is not consistently uttered throughout 2011.
Categories: Philadelphia Eagles