If there is one thing we’ve learned about Brett Favre over the years, it’s that he doesn’t know when to say when sometimes.
In the upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated that will arrive to tablets and homes on Wednesday, Favre stated that he could still play in the NFL if called upon.
“I think I could play,” Favre said during a recent interview with Sports Illustrated. “As far as throwing. Of course, we’re not trying to start some he’s-coming-out-of-retirement deal.
“Do I think I could play and lead a team? Look, no. But I could play. I could make all the throws I made before, I just couldn’t throw it near as far, but that never matters anyway.”
The 45-year-old thinks he could do something on an NFL field. Maybe not that much…but something.
Alas, from top to bottom, here are the teams who would make the call to Favre in their greatest moment of desperation from bottom to top.
32. Green Bay Packers – Duh.
31. Indianapolis Colts – No way but they are one hit away from Matt Hasselbeck.
30. New England Patriots – If Brady got suspended for the season, we’re more likely to see Belichick take a snap before Favre.
29. Seattle Seahawks – The immortal RJ Archer backs up Russell Wilson. However, the world couldn’t handle Favre and Carroll together.
28. New Orleans Saints – I mean, they did put a bounty on the guy. I don’t think he’d want to come back.
27. Carolina Panthers – Cam Country.
26. Atlanta Falcons – Been there, done that.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers – Blocked by Goodell.
24. Baltimore Ravens – Maybe five years ago but not now.
23. Denver Broncos – John Elway already has his hands full with one aging quarterback.
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Nope.
21. Tennessee Titans – Nope, Part II
20. Minnesota Vikings – They got their fill.
19. New York Giants – I don’t see Giants’ management signing off on this.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars – Bortles reportedly dumped Lindsey Duke, which keeps the Jags from near the top of the list.
17. San Francisco 49ers – Not likely. Too busy throwing deck chairs off the Titanic at the moment.
16. San Diego Chargers – They are good on southern quarterbacks.
15. Detroit Lions – I don’t think Calvin Johnson would sign off on this.
14. Chicago Bears – Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler.
13. Kansas City Chiefs – Alex Smith. Favre might be in play right now for all we know.
12. New York Jets – No offense, Geno.
11. Oakland Raiders- If Al Davis was still alive, they’d be at the top of the list.
10. Dallas Cowboys – What’s better? A 45-year-old Favre or Brandon Weeden?
9. Philadelphia Eagles – With that list of quarterbacks, you better have Favre on speed dial.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Just because.
7. St. Louis Rams – Who can throw a ball further? Favre or any of the Rams quarterbacks.
6. Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. McCarron, Andy Dalton, or old Brett Favre?
5. Buffalo Bills – Rex thinks he could win with nearly anyone at QB.
4. Houston Texans – Savage, Hoyer, and Mallett. Sounds like a junkyard.
3. Washington Redskins – The Dan Snyder move to end all Dan Snyder moves.
2. Arizona Cardinals – Did you watch the playoffs?
1. Cleveland Browns – WELP…
Favre isn’t coming back but some of these teams might be better off with him.
Categories: Brett Favre
Leave a Reply