The NFL is on vacation until this weekend, when teams begin to report for training camp. Use these links to help pass the time.
- The Top 20: Is Chad Pennington one of the best quarterbacks in the league? Apparently, ESPN says no.
- Speaking of lists…: Foxsports.com’s Peter Schrager revealed his list of the league’s top 99 players. Number one isn’t exactly a groundbreaking choice.
- Peter King is still on vacation. This week New Orleans head coach Sean Payton takes a stab at King’s Monday Morning Quarterback column.
- Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems: SI.com’s Ross Tucker agrees with me on the Matt Cassel contract. Why Kansas City? Why? Make him earn it.
- Erin Andrews Incident: Here is an ed piece regarding the disgraceful Erin Andrews situation. Peephole video? People need to get a life.
- Camping: I love athletes getting shown up in their own camps these days. LeBron James, you have company.
- We’re going to party like it’s 1969: Today is the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. Take a look at this interactive timeline for a tremendous cultural year.
- RIP Walter: Journalism lost an icon when Walter Cronkite passed away on Friday.
- Sports towns: Find out where your sports town ranks in Men’s Health magazine’s Top Sports Towns poll (Hint: Philadelphia fans will not be happy).
- Brett Favre’s right arm: As deadline time approaches for Favre and the Vikings, reports surface that his arm looks fine.
Categories: First and 10