New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named the NFL’s number one player in the NFL Network;’s Top 100 countdown for the second straight season on Monday night.
Voted on by the players, Brady reached the summit once again after another impressive campaign which included his third league MVP award and setting a Super Bowl record with 505 yards passing.
The five-time Super Bowl champion also finished as the game’s top player prior to the start of the 2011 season, which followed his second MVP win to conclude the 2010 campaign.
The rest of the Top 10:
2. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia
4. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
5. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
7. Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles Rams
8. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
9. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
10. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
Brady was just one of two Patriots to finish in the Top 100 poll. New England tight end Rob Gronkowski finished 15th.
Brady’s victory marks the third straight a quarterback takes the league’s top spot in the poll. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton finished at number one in 2016.
Categories: Tom Brady