While 2020 has been a rough go for many, Super Bowl LIV MVP and Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes continues to be living the dream thus far.
His Chiefs are betting favorites to win Super Bowl LV next February in Tampa. Yet, Mahomes and company turned their attention back to last season’s historic accomplishments.
The Chiefs received their Super Bowl rings on Tuesday night – and they are quite something. Mahomes collected what he hopes is the first of many Super Bowl rings throughout his NFL career, which is already off to an outstanding start through three seasons.
While he scooped up the ring on Tuesday night, another ring may have stolen the show earlier in the day. Mahomes got engaged to his girlfriend and high school sweetheart, Brittany Matthews.
So, let’s recap the first nine months of 2020 for Patrick Mahomes:
- Leads the Chiefs back from a 24-0 deficit in the AFC Divisional playoffs against Houston.
- Leads the Chiefs the franchise’s first Super Bowl win in 50 years.
- Wins Super Bowl LIV MVP honors.
- Signs the biggest contract in the history of American team sports.
- Participated in a Black Lives Matter video that seemed to eventually force a pivot by the NFL on raising awareness regarding BLM and having to discuss the Colin Kaepernick controversy.
- Gets engaged.
While 2020 has been an abject disaster for many due to COVID-19, Mahomes, and now Matthews, are having a year to remember.